|She is putting the final touches onto the canvass.|
The castle was built between 1180 and 190 by the Duke Berthol V of Zähringen, who constructed the still preserved keep to the level of the Knights' Hall. In 1218 it was inherited by the House of Kyburg.
Tragedy struck in 1322 when Count Eberhard committed fratricide by killing his brother by pushing him out of one of the castle windows. He then had to ask for help of the town of Bern and the following year was forced to sell Thun and its castle to Bern.
In 2006, the castle was bought by the city of Thun from the canton of Bern. Until 2009 the Bernese Overland regional court was based in the castle.
Here is Carol's finished oil painting.
|The final painting|